Blog | October 7, 2022
Maple Apple Bacon Holiday Stuffing
Switch up your stuffing! Try this delicious recipe for a flavourful stuffing that is the perfect addition to your Thanksgiving meal, courtesy of our Executive Chef Liana Robberecht.
- 4 cups cubed bread (1-inch pieces)
- 4 diced celery stalks (1¾ cups)
- 1 cup diced apples, cored
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- ½ cup diced white onion
- 2 tbsp roasted garlic purée
- ¾ teaspoon sea salt
- ½ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- ¼ cup chopped fresh sage
- ¼ cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1 pinch dried rosemary
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme leaves
- 1½ to 2 cups chicken stock
- 10 pieces of bacon, diced
- 2 whole eggs, beaten
- 1 egg yolk
- Preheat the oven to 350°F and grease an 8×11-inch or 9×13-inch baking dish.
- Cut bread into 1-inch pieces and place in a very large bowl. Set aside.
- In a heated sauté pan, add olive oil and bacon, and cook until golden (approximately 5-7 minutes). Add chopped onions and cook for another 2-3 minutes, then add roasted garlic, celery, apples, rosemary, and thyme. Remove from heat and allow to cool slightly.
- Add one cup of chicken stock evenly over the mixture and toss to coat. Add the eggs and toss again. The mixture should be wet. Add in sage, chopped parsley, and maple syrup. If the mixture is still a bit dry, add in the remaining ½ cup of broth (the amount you use will depend on how dense and dry your bread is). Set aside.
- Transfer the mixture to the baking dish.
- Bake for 30 minutes. If the stuffing is still wet, uncover the dish and bake for 5-10 more minutes to crisp the top.